- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced green onion
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 200°. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Fold in crabmeat. Shape crab mixture into 20 to 24 (2-inch) patties; chill 1 hour.
Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook crab cakes, in 2 batches, 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Place on baking sheet, and transfer to oven to keep warm.
Whisk together mayonnaise, wasabi, and lime zest; season mixture with salt and pepper. Dollop crab cakes with wasabi mayonnaise. Sprinkle with green onion.