- 8 ounces uncooked lo mein noodles or vermicelli
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup diagonally cut green onions
- calories 300
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 2.2 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 18.2 g
- carbohydrate 39.9 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 469 mg
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
Prepare the noodles according to package directions; drain.
Combine sherry and the next 6 ingredients (through red pepper) in a medium bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and pork; toss to coat.
Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork mixture to pan, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pork using a slotted spoon. Add peas, carrot, and mushrooms to pan; cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
Stir in noodles, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, pork, and sesame seeds. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.