- 2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup pecans, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- Garnish: sliced green onions
How to Make It
Combine chicken breasts and 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and chill 10 minutes.
Stir together pecans and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in pecan mixture.
Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 6 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove to a serving platter, and keep warm. Reserve drippings in skillet.
Stir together 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup water, and cornstarch until smooth; add crushed pineapple and green onions. Stir mixture into drippings in skillet, stirring to loosen browned particles. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish, if desired.