Sesame Orange Shrimp
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds, white, black or mixed
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) shrimp (21-25 per pound) peeled & deveined
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil divided
- 3/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/4 cup(s) dry sherry
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce reduced sodium
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1. Whisk sesame seeds, egg whites, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- 2, Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half the shrimp and cook until golden, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the rest of the shrimp.
- 3. Add orange juice, sherry, soy sauce and sugar to pan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced by half. 4-6 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and stir to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately with scallions sprinkled on top.
- Per serving: 249 Calories; 10 g Fat; 13 Carbohydrates; 22 g Protein; 1 g Fiber;
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Teahead and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note