- About 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 3/4 teaspoons cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups (3/4 lb.) hulled salted roasted peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups (3/4 lb.) salted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 oz.) hulled salted roasted sunflower seed
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed
- calories 322
- caloriesfromfat 67 %
- protein 8.2 g
- fat 24 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- sodium 269 mg
- cholesterol 13 mg
How to Make It
Butter a sheet of foil, about 12 by 17 inches.
In a nonstick 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, frequently stir 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, cayenne, and salt until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
Add peanuts, cashews, sunflower seed, and sesame seed. Turn heat to high and stir until mixture is very thick and nuts begin to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
Immediately pour mixture onto buttered foil, spreading as thinly as possible with back of a spoon. Cool until mixture is lukewarm, about 15 minutes.
With your hands, release brittle from foil, then pull or break it into bite-size pieces. When cool, immediately store airtight (otherwise, the coating absorbs moisture and gets sticky).
Nutritional analysis per 2 ounces.