Sesame Noodles with Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) dried plain or whole-grain spaghetti
- 6 tablespoon(s) Asian sesame oil
- 4 medium cloves garlic peeled
- 2/3 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) less-sodium ginger-flavored soy sauce
- 6 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoon(s) peanut oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 scallions thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions until the pasta is al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water until cool. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl, and toss with 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil.
- In a food processor, pulse the barlic until roughly chopped. Add the remaining 5 tablespoons sesame oil, and the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process until smooth, stopping as necessary to scrape down the bowl, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Trim off any exposed tendon ends from the wide tips of the tenders, if necessary. Season the tenders with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat the peanut oil in a browned on both sides and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice crosswise int 1/2-inch pieces. Add the chicken to the spaghetti along with half of the scallions.
- Pour about 1 1/4 cups of the dressing over the pasta and chicken and toss to coat. Add more dressing to taste -you may not need to use it all. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with the remaining scallions, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sesame Noodles with Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes