Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) thin noodles (Asian-style soba noodles) cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar (or Splenda)
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) dark sesame oil
- 4 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 4 whole(s) green onions sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon(s) creamy peanut butter (or Asian-style peanut sauce)
- 1/2 whole(s) pre-cooked rotisserie chicken (optional) shredded
- 1 whole(s) red bell pepper (optional) sliced thin and sauteed separately
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds (optional) toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger (optional) chopped, peeled
- pinch(s) red pepper flakes or a tsp of hot chili oil
- 1. Boil and cook noodles according to directions; run under cold water to stop cooking when finished and set to side.
- 2. Mix “dressing ingredients” – whisk or blend together. These ingredients include the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, canola oil, peanut butter, hot chili oil (optional). Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- 3. Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat (maybe do this gradually to make sure the sauce to noodle ratio is proportional).
- 4. Toss in shredded chicken and sautéed red bell pepper (best done when warm). Add any extra sauce as needed.
- 5. Sprinkle with green onions and toasted sesame seeds, and toss again.
- 6. You can heat it up or eat it cold! Great leftovers. Cold noodles are better if you don’t have the chicken; with the chicken, it is better heated up.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by alemmom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sesame Noodles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes