- 6 to 8 medium all-purpose potatoes (about 2 pounds), scrubbed and unpeeled
- 1/2 cup steaming-hot half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon toasted Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 35 to 40 minutes or until very tender. Drain well; spear each hot potato with a fork, and peel.
Mash potatoes thoroughly, and add remaining ingredients. Continue mashing until mixture is light and fluffy.
The Food of Portugal