Sesame Green Beans
Give your green beans an Asian flair with toasted sesame seeds.
Yield: Makes 3 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh green beans
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Drain; cover and keep warm.
- 2. Cook garlic in hot sesame oil in a small skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce. Add beans, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Sesame Shrimp-and-Green Beans Over Rice: Increase toasted sesame oil to 3 tsp. Prepare 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice according to package directions. Peel and devein 1 lb. large, raw shrimp (21/25 count). Cook shrimp in 1 tsp. hot toasted sesame oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet; proceed with recipe as directed, stirring in shrimp with green beans in Step 2. Serve shrimp mixture over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings; Prep 20 min., Cook: 10 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables