Notes: This sauce is ideal on grilled steak. Rub steak with soy sauce before grilling to enhance flavor impact of this sauce.
Yield: Makes about 1/2 cup; 3 or 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 46
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 4.5g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sake or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over high heat, frequently shake sesame seed until lightly toasted, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Add oil, onion, ginger, and garlic. Stir until onion is limp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sake, soy, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Serve hot, reheated (on grill), or at room temperature. If making ahead, cover and chill up to 5 days.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments