I LOVE this rice! It has a very refreshing, bright taste. I make it exactly as written and it's my go-to side with grilled salmon, always to rave reviews.
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley*
- Garnish: fresh lime wedges
- 1. Melt butter in a 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, and sauté 2 minutes or until rice turns opaque. Stir in sesame seeds. Add chicken broth and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook mixture 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender; fluff with a fork. Stir in 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro may be substituted.
- Note: To make rice in the oven instead of on the cooktop, prepare recipe as directed through Step 1, using an ovenproof saucepan. Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables