I really liked this recipe. The tofu had good flavor being baked with mushrooms and other ingredients.
Sesame Farfalle with Roasted Tofu
Baking the tofu in a mixture of soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and chile paste accomplishes three goals: It creates a golden crust, gives the tofu a firmer texture, and adds flavor by cooking the seasonings into the tofu.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 14.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 465mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 2 cups halved shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) package extrafirm water-packed tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle (about 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta)
- 3/4 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare salad, combine first 6 ingredients in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; toss gently to coat. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tofu is golden brown.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and rinse under cold water. Drain. Combine pasta, tofu mixture, and green onions in a large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine the cilantro and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note