Just ridiculously good and easy. I made just as written except that I doubled the sauce and used more ginger and a shake of crushed red pepper. Don't overcook your tuna! Served sauce at the table with soba noodles and asparagus, shallot, and red bell sauteed in a tsp. of sesame oil.
Sesame-Crusted Tuna with Wasabi-Ponzu Sauce
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 302
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 507mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons prepared wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Combine first 10 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tuna with salt. Combine sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Dredge tuna in sesame seeds. Add tuna to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Serve tuna with sauce.
Wasabi comes in different intensities. You may want to experiment with several brands to find the right amount of heat for your taste buds. Some of the sesame seeds might pop out of the pan as the tuna cooks, so use caution and wear an oven mitt as you turn the fish over.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note