- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Leaf lettuce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Garnish: whole green onions
- Asian Vinaigrette
How to Make It
Rinse scallops and pat dry; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and dredge in sesame seeds.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of scallops, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat procedure with remaining scallops and oil.
Arrange red pepper strips and scallops over lettuce. Sprinkle with sliced green onions; cross two whole green onions over each salad, if desired. Serve with Asian Vinaigrette.