Sesame-crusted Scallops and Spinach Salad with Asian Vinaigrette
A combination of black and white sesame seeds gives this dish a unique look.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 20 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup black and/or white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Spinach Salad with Asian Vinaigrette
- Rinse scallops and pat dry. Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish; dip both sides of each scallop into sesame seeds.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the scallops; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, being careful not to overcook. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and scallops.
- Divide Spinach Salad evenly among 4 serving plates. Top with scallops and serve with remaining Asian Vinaigrette (see recipe below).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads