Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) sesame seeds (10 oz)
- 1 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) marg or butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- On 15 x 12 jelly roll pan toast sesame seeds in preheated 350 degree oven 15 mins until light brown.
- Place seeds in 3 quart saucepan with syrup, sugar, water and marg.
- Wipe out jelly pan and grease well.
- Over medium heat stir sesame mixture til it boils.
- Cook without stirring til candy thermometer registers 266 or small amount of mixture dropped in cold water forms a ball that holds its shape.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Turn out into pan and with grease spatula or spoon, spread quickly to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cool. Break into irregular pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by macquarie70 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sesame Crunch Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy