We used the homemade ricotta. This dish was EXTREMELY bland. My husband suggested using some pancetta (would ruin the Cooking Light aspect) to make it better, but we haven't tried it yet.
Sesame-Coated Chicken Stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 348
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 49.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.3g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Calcium: 245mg
- 2 (6-ounce) packages prewashed baby spinach
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- To prepare chicken, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach to pan; cook 5 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt, stirring frequently. Drain spinach in a colander, pressing until barely moist. Place spinach on a cutting board; finely chop. Place spinach in a medium bowl. Add Homemade Ricotta Cheese, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg; stir well to combine.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Spread each chicken breast half with 1/4 cup ricotta mixture, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Starting with a short side, roll up each chicken breast half jelly-roll fashion. Place rolls, seam sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt evenly over rolls; drizzle rolls evenly with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle rolls with sesame seeds, pressing gently to adhere. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- To prepare sauce, combine chopped tomato and remaining ingredients, stirring gently. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This