Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) sesame seeds (preferably a mixture of black and white, just for interest)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (no tenderloins;1 1/4 pounds total)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4-inch piece(s) fresh ginger root
- 1 or 2 limes
- Leaves from 6 to 8 stems cilantro (may substitute flat-leaf parsley)
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoon(s) (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Spread the sesame seeds on a plate. Trim off and discard any fat from the chicken. Place the chicken between pieces of plastic wrap and pound lightly all over so the pieces have an even thickness (½ to ¾ inch). Season them lightly all over with salt and pepper, then gently press the chicken into the sesame seeds so the chicken is coated evenly.
- 2. Peel, then grate the ginger root to yield about 2 teaspoons. Finely grate the lime zest to yield about 1 teaspoon, then squeeze the lime(s) to yield about 2 tablespoons of juice. Coarsely chop the cilantro to yield 3 tablespoons.
- 3. Heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet that’s large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed so the sesame seeds don’t burn. Turn the chicken over and cook for about 4 minutes, until it is cooked through and lightly browned. Transfer to a platter (preferably warmed) and cover loosely to keep warm.
- 4. Use paper towels to wipe out the skillet, then return it to medium heat. Add the butter and swirl to coat as it melts.
- 5. Add the ginger; cook, swirling or stirring, for a few minutes so the butter turns a light brown. Stir in the lime juice and the soy sauce until well incorporated.
- 6. Pour the pan sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the cilantro and lime zest. Serve right away.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note