Sesame-Chili Chicken with Gingered Watermelon Salsa
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) chili sauce with garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) dark sesame oil
- 4 - 6 ounce(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cup(s) seeded watermelon diced
- 1/4 cup(s) diced yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger peeled, grated
- 2 teaspoon(s) mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- cilantro sprigs
- lime wedges
- To prepare Chicken:
- Combine soy sauce, chili sauce and sesame oil in a large zip top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill
- To prepare salsa:
- Combine watermelon, bell pepper, onions, cilantro, ginger, mirin, lime juice, salt and jalapeno; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken diagonally across grain into thin slices; serve with salsa. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JDeyoung and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes