Sesame-Chili Chicken with Gingered Watermelon Salsa
Serve chicken over a bed of jasmine or basmati rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) chili sauce with garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) dark sesame oil
- 4 - 6 ounce(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cup(s) seeded watermelon diced
- 1/4 cup(s) diced yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger peeled, grated
- 2 teaspoon(s) mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- cilantro sprigs
- lime wedges
- To prepare Chicken:
- Combine soy sauce, chili sauce and sesame oil in a large zip top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill
- To prepare salsa:
- Combine watermelon, bell pepper, onions, cilantro, ginger, mirin, lime juice, salt and jalapeno; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken diagonally across grain into thin slices; serve with salsa. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JDeyoung and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note