This is the perfect Summer dish. I used chicken cutlets, cooked faster. This is spicy, colorful and light.
Sesame-Chile Chicken with Gingered Watermelon Salsa
Combine diced watermelon with other vitamin C-containing ingredients such as bell pepper and lime juice to make a sweet and tangy salsa for the spicy grilled chicken. To make preparation of the salsa easy, buy a container of cubed watermelon in the produce section of the grocery store and cut the chunks up into smaller pieces.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 40.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 722mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili sauce with garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups diced seeded watermelon
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- To prepare chicken, combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare salsa, combine watermelon and next 8 ingredients (through jalapeño); cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken diagonally across grain into thin slices; serve with salsa. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note