- 6 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Peanut Sauce
How to Make It
Place each chicken thigh between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Sprinkle thighs with 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a second dish. Stir together panko, sesame seeds, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a third dish. Dredge chicken in flour; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, and dredge in panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
Cook 3 chicken thighs in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, turn chicken, and cook 3 minutes or until done. Keep warm in a 200° oven. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken. Serve with Peanut Sauce.