Just made this two nights ago. It really turned out nice! Great Summer dinner, cool and surprising filling. I was short on time and used some toasted sesame dressing I already had on hand, still came out famulous! Will definiately make it again :) Thank you.
Sesame Chicken and Soba Noodles
Photo: Ngoc Minh Ngo
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 602
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 826mg
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 27g
- 1 8-ounce package soba noodles
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 7-ounce package mixed greens
- 3 carrots, cut into matchstick-size strips or shredded
- 1/4 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions and rinse under cold water.
Cut the chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Heat the soy sauce and brown sugar in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the chicken and toss to coat.
In a small bowl, whisk together the ginger, vinegar, and oil. Divide the greens, carrots, and onion among individual plates. Top with the soba noodles and chicken. Serve with the vinaigrette.
Tip: To toast sesame seeds, cook them in a dry skillet over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer them immediately to a cool plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes