Made this for the kids when my husband was out of town... we all considered it sort of blah and not worth making again.
Sesame Chicken and Noodles
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 480
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 33.5g
- Carbohydrate: 57.6g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 538mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup natural-style, reduced-fat creamy peanut butter (such as Smucker's)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups matchstick-cut carrots, chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green onions (about 1 bunch)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Combine broth, peanut butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, and next 5 ingredients (through hot pepper sauce).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt. Add chicken to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add carrots and onions; sauté 2 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in broth mixture.
- Add reserved cooking liquid and pasta to pan, tossing to coat. Top with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This