- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup natural-style, reduced-fat creamy peanut butter (such as Smucker's)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups matchstick-cut carrots, chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green onions (about 1 bunch)
- calories 480
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 12 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 6.2 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 33.5 g
- carbohydrate 57.6 g
- fiber 5.3 g
- cholesterol 50 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 538 mg
- calcium 58 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
Combine broth, peanut butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, and next 5 ingredients (through hot pepper sauce).
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt. Add chicken to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add carrots and onions; sauté 2 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in broth mixture.
Add reserved cooking liquid and pasta to pan, tossing to coat. Top with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds; serve immediately.