- 1 English cucumber (1 lb.)
- 1 cup thinly slivered red onion
- Sesame dressing (recipe follows)
- 4 cups finely shredded napa cabbage (8 oz.)
- 4 cups finely shredded red cabbage (8 oz.)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds (see notes)
- calories 86
- caloriesfromfat 55 %
- protein 1.8 g
- fat 5.2 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 9.3 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 227 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Rinse and thinly slice cucumber. In a bowl, mix cucumber, onion, and sesame dressing. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
Up to 1 hour before serving, layer napa cabbage and red cabbage in a large bowl (see notes). Pour marinated cucumber mixture over the top. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Just before serving, mix well.
Sesame dressing: In a small bowl or 1-cup glass measure, mix 1/2 cup rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper. Makes about 3/4 cup.