Sesame Broccoli Rabe
This dish is also delicious served cold as a healthy vegetable salad or tossed with cold soba or Asian rice noodles.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 105
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Calcium: 78mg
- 2 bunches (about 1 1/3 pounds) broccoli rabe (rapini)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (1 large)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Trim ends of broccoli rabe stalks. Bring 8 cups water and 1 tablespoon kosher salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add broccoli rabe; cook 1 minute. Drain and plunge broccoli rabe into ice water; drain.
- . Combine shallots, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- . Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add broccoli rabe; sauté 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Drizzle with shallot mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note