Not terrible, but blah. I think it might be better with a long pasta like linguine, instead of rigatoni.
Sesame Broccoli Pasta
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 474
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sodium: 317mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound broccoli crowns
- 8 ounces dried regular or whole-wheat rigatoni pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut or other vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste) or old fashioned-style peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Hot sauce
- Lime wedges
- 1. Rinse broccoli. Trim off leaves and stem ends. Cut crowns into 1- to 1 1/2-inch florets, and thinly slice stalks crosswise.
- 2. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until barely tender to bite, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in an 11- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-low heat, stir garlic, ginger, and cumin in peanut oil until garlic is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook just until broccoli is tender-crisp to bite, about 2 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, tahini, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add to broccoli mixture; stir often just until simmering.
- 5. Drain pasta and return to pan. Gently stir in broccoli mixture. Spoon into a serving bowl. Serve with hot sauce, lime wedges, and salt to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This