- 1 pound broccoli crowns
- 8 ounces dried regular or whole-wheat rigatoni pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut or other vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste) or old fashioned-style peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Hot sauce
- Lime wedges
- calories 474
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- protein 15 g
- fat 24 g
- satfat 9.5 g
- carbohydrate 52 g
- fiber 5.5 g
- sodium 317 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Rinse broccoli. Trim off leaves and stem ends. Cut crowns into 1- to 1 1/2-inch florets, and thinly slice stalks crosswise.
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until barely tender to bite, 7 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in an 11- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-low heat, stir garlic, ginger, and cumin in peanut oil until garlic is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook just until broccoli is tender-crisp to bite, about 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, tahini, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add to broccoli mixture; stir often just until simmering.
Drain pasta and return to pan. Gently stir in broccoli mixture. Spoon into a serving bowl. Serve with hot sauce, lime wedges, and salt to add to taste.