Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) Self-rising flour
- 6 tablespoon(s) Cold Butter cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Low-fat Buttermilk
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, butter and salt. With pastry blender cut butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk. With spatula, mix dough just until it comes together.
- Transfer dough onto a well-floured surface. Fold and gently knead dough just until no longer sticky. Pat into a 7-inch square. Cut crosswise into four strips, then lengthwise to create 16 cubes. Lightly brush tops with egg.
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Work with one at a time and press each biscuit, egg side down, into the sesame seeds. Place biscuit, seed side up on cookie sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until golden brown,
- Biscuits can be made up to two weeks ahead and frozen in a reseda label bag. To reheat bake in 400 degree oven for 13-14 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by quinsmom0 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sesame Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads