I have made this numerous times with wonderful results each time. Fast and delicious. I add Sriracha to taste after the food has been plated. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
If presliced beef is not available, ask your butcher to thinly slice flank steak or boneless sirloin steak.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 26.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 356mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pound presliced stir-fry meat (such as flank or boneless sirloin steak)
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (white and light green parts only)
- 4 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of beef to pan, and cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining beef. Add onions; cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce mixture; cook 1 minute. Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in spinach, and cook 30 seconds. Top with sesame seeds.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note