Sesame and Garlic Flank Steak With Grilled Asparagus
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pinches salt plus additional for seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/4 pounds lean flank steak, patted dry
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1. 1. Using the flat side of a knife or a mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic and pinch of salt until the mixture forms a paste; transfer to a small bowl. Mix in the honey, lemon juice and soy sauce; slowly whisk in 1 teaspoon oil.
- 2. 2. Place the steak in a shallow dish or bowl. Pour the marinade over steak and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. 3. Heat the grill to high. Remove steak from marinade and season lightly with salt and black pepper. Transfer to grill; close the cover and cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes a side for medium rare. Let meat rest on a cutting board 5 minutes.
- 4. 4. Meanwhile, toss the asparagus with remaining oil and sprinkle with pinch of salt. Place in a grill basket; close cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes a side, until tender. Slice meat thinly and serve with asparagus.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKP220 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sesame and Garlic Flank Steak With Grilled Asparagus Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes