Wow, so easy and incredibly tasty! We used prosciutto and a blend of arugula and baby spinach. I also tried to put the leftovers in wraps for lunch the next day, but they weren't very good. The toastiness and crunchiness and meltiness is really key here. Yum!
Serrano, Manchego, and Apple Sandwiches
Ashmead's Kernel, a very old English apple, is smallish and lumpy with a russet exterior that blankets the green skin. We like its crisp flavor here, though any apple would work.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 27.3g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 790mg
- Calcium: 213mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced shallot
- 4 ounces paper-thin sliced serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Manchego cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon mustard; spread mayonnaise mixture over each bread slice. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon shallot, 1 ounce ham, and 4 teaspoons cheese, and sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Broil 3 minutes. Combine 1 teaspoon mustard, oil, and vinegar. Combine the arugula and apple slices in a bowl; drizzle with vinaigrette. Toss gently. Divide the apple mixture evenly among sandwiches, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This