I've been wanting a great cranberry sauce recipe using fresh berries, and I have found it! The strong orange flavor compliments the cranberries so well. Not too sweet, wonderful flavor. So easy to make. Only change I made was to use low-sugar marmelade. Was a hit at Thanksgiving and will be making again at Christmas!
Seriously Orange Cranberry Sauce
This twist on cranbarry sauce is loaded with orange and cranberry flavor, and is ready in just 15 minutes.
More From Health
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 8mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1. Combine marmalade and orange rind, and set aside.
- 2. Combine juice and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add cranberries; return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in marmalade mixture. Cover and chill.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note