I've been wanting a great cranberry sauce recipe using fresh berries, and I have found it! The strong orange flavor compliments the cranberries so well. Not too sweet, wonderful flavor. So easy to make. Only change I made was to use low-sugar marmelade. Was a hit at Thanksgiving and will be making again at Christmas!
Seriously Orange Cranberry Sauce
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes.
More From Health
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 8mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1. Combine marmalade and orange rind, and set aside.
- 2. Combine juice and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add cranberries; return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in marmalade mixture. Cover and chill.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note