They were okay... but hard to fold.
Send a Message Fortune Cookies
These cookies are ideal for bake sales trying to promote a cause; customize the fortune to suit the occasion. Bake three cookies at a time so they'll be soft enough to shape. Tuck your message into the cookie while shaping. If the cookies become too brittle, return them to the oven for a few seconds to soften.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 37
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 6mg
- Calcium: 1mg
- 1/2 cup bread flour (about 2 1/3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Scrape batter into a bowl using a rubber spatula; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cover 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Draw 3 (3-inch) circles on paper. Turn paper over; secure with masking tape. Spoon 1 teaspoon batter into center of each of the 3 drawn circles; spread evenly to fill circle. Bake one sheet at 400° for 5 minutes or until the cookies are brown just around the edges. Remove from the oven. Working quickly, loosen edges of cookies with a spatula, and turn over.
- Lay the handle of a wooden spoon and a prepared fortune along the center of 1 cookie. Fold cookie over so the edges meet over the spoon handle; press edges together. Remove spoon. Gently pull the ends of the cookie down over the rim of a small bowl (or jar); hold for a few seconds or until set. Repeat procedure with remaining cookies.
- Repeat procedure until all of the batter is used. Cool cookies completely; store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Send a Message Fortune Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies, Desserts
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: Asian, Chinese
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, Low Sodium
- COOKING METHOD: Bake, Food Processor
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light