This soup was great and easy to fix. I did cook with smoked turkey wings for extra flavor. I used real bacon bits. It does need salt. Served with french bread for a great, easy supper on a cold night.
Senate Bean Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley flakes
- Ground pepper
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. roasted minced garlic
- 12 slices of bacon, crumbled or 1 jar of bacon pieces
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Saute onions until tender. Add celery, carrots and potatoes. Continue to cook until vegetables are slightly tender. Add chicken broth and seasonings and bring to a boil. Cook over low heat 30 minutes. Add garlic, beans (puree one can and leave the other whole). Heat through. Add bacon and salt to taste before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margareta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note