"I've been known for my polenta for years, but using semolina is a fresh take on the classic. This takes only a few minutes to make and is the perfect base for my Chicken Under a Brick." —Todd English
This recipe goes with "Old School" Chicken Cacciatore
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup semolina or pasta flour
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Cook milk in a heavy nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 6 minutes or just until bubbles appear (do not boil). Stir in semolina. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or just until semolina begins to set. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and salt and pepper to taste. If desired, whisk in up to 1/3 cup cream for desired consistency.
I suggest using Bob's Red Mill Semolina Flour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note