Semifreddo with Honeyed Fresh Berries
Prep: 20 minutes; Freeze: about 4 hours.
If you can't find Meyer lemons, regular lemons work just as well.
Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 49mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 3 cups vanilla light ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped cream topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup coarse amaretti cookie crumbs (about 24 cookies)
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Line an 8 1/2- x 4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving plenty of extra wrap on the ends. Set aside.
- 2. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Gently fold in whipped cream topping until well-combined.
- 3. Spread the mixture into a prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with cookie crumbs; fold over plastic wrap to cover. Freeze mixture at least 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Toss berries with honey about 15 minutes before serving; let stand.
- 5. Lift semifreddo from pan with plastic wrap, and transfer crumb side down to a cutting board. Use a serrated knife (dipped in hot water and wiped dry) to cut loaf into slices. Serve topped with the mixed berries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note