Semifreddo with Honeyed Fresh Berries
- 3 cups vanilla light ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped cream topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup coarse amaretti cookie crumbs (about 24 cookies)
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- calories 221
- fat 7 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 35 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 49 mg
- calcium 79 mg
How to Make It
Line an 8 1/2- x 4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving plenty of extra wrap on the ends. Set aside.
Stir together first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Gently fold in whipped cream topping until well-combined.
Spread the mixture into a prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with cookie crumbs; fold over plastic wrap to cover. Freeze mixture at least 4 hours or until firm.
Toss berries with honey about 15 minutes before serving; let stand.
Lift semifreddo from pan with plastic wrap, and transfer crumb side down to a cutting board. Use a serrated knife (dipped in hot water and wiped dry) to cut loaf into slices. Serve topped with the mixed berries.