Self-Frosting Angel Cake
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until foamy; add cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating mixture until stiff peaks form
- Sprinkle flour over egg white mixture; fold in carefully. Gently fold in flavorings.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan; sprinkle coconut over top. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan about 40 minutes. Remove cake from pan, and cut into squares to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings