- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 oz each) dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Gebhardt Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sliced green onions, sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped avocado and/or crushed corn chips, optional
How to Make It
Hands On: 15 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Cook and stir ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat about 7 minutes, or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
Add beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, sugar, cocoa and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve chili topped with onions, sour cream, cheese, avocado and/or corn chips if desired.