Seasoned White Beans and Rice
This recipe goes with Chili-and-Lime Grilled Shrimp With Seasoned White Beans and Rice
Yield: Makes 4 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups MAHATMA Brown Rice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed baby arugula leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 1/2-oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained
- Prepare rice according to package directions with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, grate rind from lime into a small bowl. Cut lime in half, and squeeze juice into bowl.
- Pulse cilantro, next 3 ingredients, lime rind, and lime juice in a blender until combined. Gradually add olive oil, salt, and pepper, and process just until blended, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Microwave cannellini beans in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in hot cooked rice. Add cilantro mixture, and toss to combine. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables