I omitted the garlic and served it chilled. I thought it was tasty, but the rest of the family didn't much care for it. I think it would have been received better if it were served hot.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 31
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 214mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh spinach, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Steam half of spinach, covered, for 5 minutes or until the spinach wilts; place steamed spinach in a colander. Repeat procedure with remaining spinach. Cool slightly, and squeeze dry.
- Place spinach in a bowl. Add onions and remaining ingredients; toss mixture well to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
You will need to steam the raw spinach in two batches, since there is so much of it. Combining the cool ingredients with your hands is easiest.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables