Seasoned Navy Beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried navy beans, soaked and drained
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 1/2 cups cubed salt pork
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine beans and soda in a Dutch oven; add water to cover 2 inches above beans. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Drain and rinse beans well. Set aside.
- Place salt pork in Dutch oven and cook until evenly browned; remove salt pork, reserving drippings. Saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender. Add beans, salt pork, salt, and red pepper flakes; cover with water and cook over low heat for 2 hours or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally. Garnish with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables