Seasoned Green Beans
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, vertically sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans in ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and onion starts to caramelize. Stir in green beans, salt, and pepper; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are heated. Serve hot.
- Make-Ahead Note: Place cooked green beans in a large zip-top plastic bag, and store in refrigerator up to 1 day. When ready to use, simply toss in with caramelized onions, and sauté until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables