Seasoned Green Beans
Every busy holiday menu needs at least one easy side dish. Cook the beans and slice the onion a day ahead.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, vertically sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans in ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and onion starts to caramelize. Stir in green beans, salt, and pepper; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are heated. Serve hot.
- Make-Ahead Note: Place cooked green beans in a large zip-top plastic bag, and store in refrigerator up to 1 day. When ready to use, simply toss in with caramelized onions, and sauté until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note