Hubby and I enjoyed this, As previous reviewers stated, I used half the olive oil and that was enough. I put in two large garlic cloves and tasted the garlic all night. Next time will use smaller cloves. Easy and tasty. A definite repeat.
Seashells with Basil, Tomatoes, and Garlic
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Food Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 510mg
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds (1 qt.) small cherry and teardrop tomatoes
- 3/4 pound medium seashell pasta
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1. Combine oil, garlic, and 3/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Chop 1 cup of the tomatoes and add to bowl. Cut remaining tomatoes in half and stir into mixture; let stand about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta as package directs in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- 3. Drain pasta, saving 1 cup water. Toss pasta with tomato mixture, then with cheese and all but 1 tbsp. basil. Mix in a little pasta water if needed for a looser texture. Sprinkle remaining basil on top and season with salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This