- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds (1 qt.) small cherry and teardrop tomatoes
- 3/4 pound medium seashell pasta
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- calories 361
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- protein 11 g
- fat 15 g
- satfat 3 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 510 mg
- cholesterol 5 mg
How to Make It
Combine oil, garlic, and 3/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Chop 1 cup of the tomatoes and add to bowl. Cut remaining tomatoes in half and stir into mixture; let stand about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook pasta as package directs in a large pot of salted boiling water.
Drain pasta, saving 1 cup water. Toss pasta with tomato mixture, then with cheese and all but 1 tbsp. basil. Mix in a little pasta water if needed for a looser texture. Sprinkle remaining basil on top and season with salt.