Seared tuna with pistachio crust
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 3/10 ounce(s) shelled pistachios
- 1 lemon zest grated
- 2 1/5 pound(s) tuna loin
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1. preheat oven to 250C
- 2. chop pistachios to fine crumbs, mix on baking tray with lemon zest
- 3. cut tuna loin length-wise into 2 or 3 cylindrical pieces, 6-7 cm thick
- 4. brush tuna with olive oil, coarse sea salt and pepper
- 5. place iron skillet over high heat and allow to heat up
- 6. sear tuna lightly for 3-4 minutes, turning them around as you go.
- 7. remove tuna, cool, and brush with mustard, and roll in chopped pistachios
- 8. transfer to baking tray and roast for 5-6 minutes
- 9. serve with Papaya Salsa
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dbadger and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seared tuna with pistachio crust Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes