Seared Tuna with Avocado
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded, de-ribbed, minced(if very hot, use only 1 pepper
- 4 teaspoon(s) grated fresh ginger
- juice from 4 limes
- 1/3 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablspoons olive oil
- 6 ounce(s) sashimi quality tuna 4 blocks
- 2 ripe avocado
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapen, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 2, Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remainng 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle the tuna pieceds with salt and pepper. Sear the tuna for a minute on each side. Pour half of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.
- 3. Transferthe seared tuna to plates and servewith the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ger91768 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seared Tuna with Avocado Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes