My husband and I both really liked this, and it was easy to make and very healthy. I'll make it again as we really like tuna. The only thing I changed was I didn't make the vinagarette they suggested, because I had my own already made. I just added a dash of Woresteshire.
Seared Tuna Salad with Lemon-Caper Vinaigrette and Feta Quesadillas
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 24.6g
- Carbohydrate: 51.5g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 914mg
- Calcium: 157mg
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 (8-ounce) tuna steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare the quesadillas, drain the beans through a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon bean liquid, and discard the remaining liquid. Combine 1/2 cup beans, 1 tablespoon reserved liquid, and oregano in a small bowl, and mash with a fork. Spread bean mixture evenly over 2 tortillas. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese; top with remaining tortillas, and set aside.
- Sprinkle fish with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2 minutes on each side until fish is medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; coarsely chop fish.
- Heat pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook quesadillas for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove quesadillas from pan; cut each into 8 wedges. Combine the vinaigrette, remaining beans, greens, tomato, and olives; toss well. Arrange 2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; divide the fish evenly among salads. Top each serving with 4 quesadilla wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This